Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Know Your Enemy

I'm a holder of grudges. At some point within the last year I completely wrote off Henry Rollins. He used a Teeing Off segment of the Henry Rollins Show to rip on bloggers. I can't quote him, but the basic gist or my interpretation was that bloggers are nobodies who flood the Internet with their mindless, unsolicited thoughts and opinions. I was pissed. Mind you, I'd never read a blog, couldn't honestly tell you what one was, but I was offended. Wasn't he using his show, my TV, to do the same damn thing? Apparently, fame and fortune can make what you have to say superior to that of the rest of us. I decided at that moment, Henry was a dick.
Over the past year I have slowly been introduced to the blogging world. So, well yeah, some of it is really fucking annoying. Seriously, who wakes up in the morning dying to know the breakdown of your last 12 fucking hours? I don't care what you ate, how you ate it and who paid when you went to that tucked away little undiscovered culinary gem on Whatever Street.
OK, so maybe I'm more irritated not so much by what you wrote, but how you wrote it. I don't know you, from what I read, I don't want to know you. You sound like an asshole. Your blog reeks of someone who is trying way too hard to impress me or make me feel stupid. Your over usage of SAT vocab isn't impressive, it's repellent.
So, I think that means I've done a 180. I disliked Henry for disliking you, and then I discovered that maybe, I dislike you too. So how do I address the issue? Join you. Shit, if everyone else can drone on, why can't I? I want my turn to talk and guess what? I am what I hate the most about you. I will contradict myself at every turn. I'm a Tartuffe.
Move over Henry, I'm coming up. I hope this soapbox can bear our weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment