Saturday, December 6, 2008

Brick House

Size matters. Take it from a recovering fat chick, I know. I think the only point in my lifetime that I was within my healthy weight range was when I was 4. Beyond that, it's been a lifetime of self loathing and image obsession.
My weight hit it's all time high in September of last year after the birth of my child. My goal for 13 Steps is to be completely honest so here goes: I weighed in at 244.8lbs. That's a vulnerable position to put myself in, to actually put that number in writing, considering only 3 extremely trusted people are privy to that information.
Anyway, I rejoined Weight Watchers that September after two previous failed attempts. I lovingly refer to it as "Fat Class" and dutifully attend Saturday morning meetings. I put a great deal of effort into exercise (maybe not this past week) and the foods I eat. I naked Wii every morning to chart my weight loss progress. I sometimes fear I'm developing an unhealthy obsession with my body. But damn, I weighed in at 200.4lbs today!
I rarely speak positively of myself. I've been told I sound "hostile" and that I have "an underlying sense of anger." I hate that I am seen that way, but I honestly can't deny it. I do have a lot of anger and hostility. I don't completely like who I am. Today though, I'm going to try. I'm extremely proud of myself. I've worked hard to physically get to this point and it's developed positive emotional side effects. Dare I say, I feel attractive. My confidence is rising and I see my potential. "Shake it down, Shake it down now."

No comments:

Post a Comment