Saturday, February 7, 2009

Time To Move On

If it hasn't become blatantly obvious to you by now that I'm a bit of a music junkie, I'll spell it out for you here. Each of my posts has been lovingly assigned a song title. Every hour, every day at any given moment, there is a song running through my head. Situations, passing comments you name it, there's a song out there to sum up whats going on around me. It's similar to Will Ferrell's narrator in Stranger Than Fiction, only I have a running soundtrack.
I've been hearing my long time friend Tom Petty for the past few weeks:

"It's time to move on, it's time to get going
What lies ahead, I have no way of knowing
But under my feet, baby, grass is growing
It's time to move on, time to get going"

I've felt like I've been mired down in the muck for too long. Everything is whirling on around me while I stay static. People come and go, some stay at rest a moment and move on while others hold steady. I'm feeling the itch to move forward in some way. Change requires support and encouragement. It doesn't always come from where you would expect, so you have to reach out to unexpected people and places.
Today confirmed that I'm successfully moving on. For starters, I've officially lost 50.4lbs, bringing my weight down to 194.4lbs. For well over a month now I have been running a solid 3.1 miles, sandwiched within a mile of warm up and cool down. I started this in preparation for the 5k run that I secretly signed up for. I've forgotten the exact statistic, but I was recently told that a person is significantly more likely to accomplish something if they tell people their intentions. Here's hoping that's true.
I've also submitted the paperwork to begin co-coaching a national after school program for girls ages 8 to 14. The program focuses on building self-respect and physical fitness through running. At the end of the 12 week session, groups from local areas gather for a 5k run/walk.
Financially, the other half and I have put ourselves on a strict budget in order to work our way above ground. It's time to get serious about moving forward.
Last. Despite my resentment and animosity toward douche bag, I'm going to push forward in my goal to have a better working relationship. As much as I love the idea of not having to deal with him throughout the summer, I don't feel like that would be the answer. I openly admit to my faults and the need to improve; he too needs to be a better person. The only way I see that happening is by working with him, not against. Ugh, fucking A, I hate being rational. *This doesn't mean I have to like him.

"Broken skyline, which way to love land
Which way to something better
Which way to forgiveness
Which way do I go"








No comments:

Post a Comment