Thursday, February 26, 2009

Sleep to Dream

Today I stopped by my friend/coworker's office for a handful of Skittles on my way to the bathroom. I do this, on average, twice a day in an attempt to escape my clients and their peers. Lately, I seem to have gained a following of teenage boys who attempt to hit on me, while at the same time repulse me with their bodily functions and expertly extracted snot. Neither action has earned them the responses they hope for.
While picking out the red and purple Skittles from the adults only container, my coworker described a rather funny dream she had had the night before. Naturally, the conversation turned to me and I, in turn, described the marshmallow dream I wrote about in the post Dreaming. I tell her that I think I've determined the type of dream I'm having, yet when she questions my knowledge of its meaning, I stupidly respond through a mouthful of segregated fruit flavors, "Dunno."
Who needs Dr. Drew when you have a friend with a Masters in Social Work. Within seconds she's scrolling through an alphabet of dream symbolism on her computer.

Marshmallows: To see a marshmallow represents timidity and lack of self-confidence. You need to learn to be more assertive and stand up for yourself.
Needle: The use of a needle indicates that you need to mend some relationship or situation.
Emptiness: To dream of emptiness signifies fruitless labor or that something is missing in your life. There is nothing to show for all the effort that you have dedicated to a project or development.

Fucking Christ! I can't even rely on sleep to escape reality. Skittles in hand and mouth, I headed to take a pee and send an email to douche bag. We're meeting at 2:30 tomorrow to discuss why I think he sucks.


3 comments:

  1. I'm reeling from just how well it went. I refuse to lower my standards, but I'm prepared to live up to the ones set for me. I think we may be on the same page as of 4:15pm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whew! congratualtions. i was worried you were going to say you quit because he refused to back down from his douchebaggery

    ReplyDelete